I am so thankful for modern technology!! If it weren't for modern technology I probably wouldn't have made it through my first pregnancy. Ben was LATE and my body still wasn't getting ready for delivery. My body doesn't have enough oxytocin or pitocin (whichever it needs to start contractions!!). Also, with having twins, it would have been more so, and it is amazing how my babies are healthy and strong!! Not to mention that Willard was born with club feet. If he had been born 100 years ago he would have been termed lame for life. It was a miracle what they have done for him and just recently with seeing a physical therapist, he has been reaching close to normal in range of motion. There is still a lot we have to watch for in terms of tight tendons, but it isn't hopeless!!! The Lord has truly blessed us in the day and age! My niece Emily Robin Davis was born at 26 weeks. Without this new technology she probably wouldn't have made it. Another niece, Lillie Belle Ames was born with some complications and had to go right into surgery dealing with her intestines. They were able to help her and she is a healthy 8 yr old! My other niece, Emily Cook, 7 months old, recently underwent open heart surgery. She is recovering nicely and is growing with a healthier heart and lungs due to modern technology!
| Will's feet after 3 months of casting every two weeks and one tendon surgery!! |


3 comments:
Thanks for sharing Liz! I am so grateful we live now instead of 100 or even 50 years ago! I learned once that the reason why Technology is so good is because of the priesthood being on the earth. So maybe the more priesthood holders we have and the more spread out it is the better the technology gets!
I talk about that all the time! Imagine no epidurals or pain meds or antibiotics! It is wonderful!
I had never seen Willard's feet before casts! That's AMAZING!
I know exactly what you mean Holly! I am so grateful that we are blessed with the priesthood and are not living in the dark ages!!
Aren't Willard's feet so small??
Post a Comment