On Monday, June 14th I went to the hospital to be induced. I have never gone into labor myself, so this was pretty routine for me. With Ben, at 42 weeks, they broke my water and started me on the pit four hours later, and then another four hours I had him. With the twins, I delivered them c-sec at 37 weeks. And Ephraim was almost identical to Ben but two days before his due date. This time they decided to start me on the pit first and wait for awhile before breaking my water. Everything was pretty normal, so finally the doctor came in and said we could break my water and up the pit. I opted for the epidural as well, but when they put it in they only had it connected to a syringe instead of a drip line... It took about four hours to progress to pushing. The nurse checked me and told me I was about 5 cm. It started to feel like a lot of pain (I am a wuss) so I asked her for more pain meds. She paged the anesthesiologist and checked me again and I was 10 cm. (IN TWO MINUTES) She then paged my doctor who marathon sprinted from his office. Literally, he walked in, suited up and I delivered Ruby. I was in so much pain (the anesthesiologist didn't make it in time, go figure).
Ruby was born at 4:17 pm, weighing 8 lbs 3 oz. She was 21 inches long. She has beautiful long fingers and feet. Cook traits, as my feet are like boxes! She has a headfull of dark brown hair.
Here are some pics...










1 comment:
What a beautiful baby!! Is JoE excited to have another girl around the house?!? I wish you lived closer so I could see you all!
Post a Comment