Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Mom is Growing up too!
A while ago, Ben decided that he wanted to start walking to school by himself. As my first child, I had been having a hard time with that decision. I trust Ben to go to and from school safely, but it is the unknown factors that I have a problem with! The first day, I walked Ben to the corner and then watched him as he walked the straight stretch to the school. That afternoon, I drove to the school, but Ben wanted to walk home, so I drove home and let him walk home. The next morning he told me he wanted to walk to and from school. He was so good to his mother, when school let out he actually ran home! He knew I would be watching for him (and yes, worrying about him) and came straight home as quickly as he could! He has now been walking regularly, unless it is really cold or bad weather. He even has walked home with friends who live in the neighborhood too! It is fun to watch him grow up even though it is hard on mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so scary! I don't want Wes to ever leave my sight! If it was all about me, I would do home school. I have decided to let him go to public school in the fall (cause he can't wait!!) and I know I have the choice to bring him home if I need to. It is all about being involved, from what I hear at least. I love the baby steps you took to let him go on his own. :) Our babies grow up so fast!
Post a Comment