So I am only a few weeks behind! I thought I would update and add Christmas pics and what we have been doing since! Dewey's work schedule changed, and so we were able to go spend Christmas Eve at Gramma Tami's house! We went early and Dewey took the kids sledding.
They were having so much fun!
I think they would have stayed all day in the snow!
They actually found a nice road to sled down, but they would slide off the road into the weeds! They didn't care, it was all good fun!
I think Willard and Joë loved making snow angels more than hiking back up the road to sled down again. :)
Dewey took a bazillion pictures... Here is superman!
And here is where superman ate the snow!
FUN TIMES! Willard and Joë would go down together, her sitting on him...
I LOVE THIS...
KEEP WATCHING...
But they made it out alive!
Back at Gramma's house they made more snow angels right outside her front window.
Then we got some festivities started.
We mostly played with the uncles!
And ate lots of food.
And Had SO MUCH FUN!
We also acted out the Nativity. Gramma had outfits!
Craig and Holly were Joseph and Mary.
Joë was the Angel.
Ben and
Willard and
Ephraim were the Wise Men.
Brad was the Inn Keeper.
Mom and
Keith were the Shepherds.
And we acted out the whole story a few times changing costumes!
The next morning we had to wait on the stairs before we could go down to see what Santa had brought. Brad was so excited, it was hard to keep him from going down first!
Dewey liked blinding us in the wee hours of the morning!
Here are the kids looking for the stockings.
The first thing Joë did was look for the chocolate... but she did ask first before she ate any.
It was so much fun to watch them get so excited! This was my bargain item (I know, only one, but I am trying!!) At Costco, these are $65. I found it on craigslist for $5!!! It is also ALL she wanted for Christmas. I think she was hinting at a real horse, but she loves this one too!
Eph just wanted to eat something. He had a stomach bug and had been throwing up on Christmas Eve. We had had a long night, he and I, but thankfully it was a 24 hr thing!
We then started opening the slew of presents. You should have seen the tree. Dewey and I had decided that we would do one Santa gift and one gift from Mom and Dad. But thanks to Grandparents and Brittany and Brad, our kids were opening things FOREVER!
It was fun to watch them open things. We didn't want to open all the toys at Gramma's because we were afraid of losing things, so we ended up stacking most of them. The kids would open something, and wait for Gramma to hand out another something to open! NUTS!
Ephraim got a Thomas the train and he wanted to lay and play with it all day. (I don't think he was 100% yet)
More and more presents...
And the boys playing with their toys on the stairs...
Then Dewey decided to take the family sledding again. Eph and I decided to opt out and take a nap instead to recover from lack of sleep the night before!
Here are the rest of the Christmas Day sledding!!
Needless to say they were cold and tired when they returned, but it made for a very nice QUIET ride home in the car! I love having my birthday right by Christmas because I always get to have the best birthday wish...spending it with FAMILY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment