Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Croupy is Crappy

Ok, I am COMPLETELY done with this season. First we had the flu bug for two weeks. We stayed healthy for 10 days and now we all have the croup, plus ear infections, and the kids are tired, feverish, grumpy, and sick. Oh, wait, that is me too! It is so hard to take care of kids when they are sick, not just because it is hard to make them feel better, but because when they are up all night, so am I and then I am so exhausted that just filling their needs is hard work. When Dewey left for work yesterday, I told them that I wasn't going to do ANYthing other than sitting on the floor with the kids. That is how I feel today to, but if I don't clean the dishes or do some laundry, no one will. I wonder how much a maid for the day would cost me.... hee hee hee! My kids are really good though, as long as they have coloring books (or painting) and a movie, they will be quiet so I can close my eyes on the floor! What a great mom, eh? Although, Willard has a tendency to forget I am resting and will run at full speed and jump on me whe I am lying on the floor. JoE just likes to cuddle with me, and Ben will read me stories! I just love this age. Ben is SO good at reading. Last night I caught Eph in his lap while he was reading and showing him a book about kittens. It was so sweet! Ok, I am rambling, can you tell I am tired. I wish all of you good health and great nights of sleep!

No comments: