This is the year the twin's turn eight. I cannot believe that they are already so old. It has been an amazing thing to be their mom. I love being a mom. Dewey and I have been going down memory lane quite a bit, and one of the things we were talking about was our first date. At the time, Dewey had been off his mission for just less than three months. I had come back from VA and was working and thinking about going on a mission. While on our first date we were talking about our individual futures as we were walking around and I mentioned that I wanted to go on a mission. Dewey told me later that he thought at that moment, "Not if I can help it." I struggled with that choice for two seconds, but my mom gave me great advice. She told me that I could definitely serve a mission, but to remember that starting a family was being called on a different mission. That teaching my children the gospel would be a life long mission that the Lord desperately needed so that His children would know of His plan for them. Dewey and I were engaged shortly after that conversation and I started being a mom a year after we were married.
I love being a mom. It is hard and there are times that I need a break, but those things never outweigh the joy I feel with each smile, each milestone, and each achievement. I love watching them as they are learning something new and they get it. Like reading and putting the sounds together to make words. Or getting these multiplication tables, or understanding about baptism and the choice it really is.
Willard made a new year's resolution to read the entire Book of Mormon before his 8th birthday. He loves to read and I knew he could do it. What I didn't count on was the learning experience we would have as we read and discussed it together. It is so much fun to share this with him.
Joselyn has learned two new songs on the piano for her baptism. She learned When I am Baptized and The Holy Ghost. Her favorite primary song is When I am Baptized. She likes to sing the words and play it over and over. It warms my heart to hear her.
This is so special! I am so excited that Willard and Joselyn have chosen to be baptized. We have talked about the promises they are making to Heavenly Father, and the promises He has made to all those who come unto Him. I am so thankful for these children and the examples they are to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment