Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ephraim Turns Five



How time flies. This little angel  was born five years ago. He was my Christmas baby! Being a Christmas baby myself, I understand all that it implies, now... He was the best baby ever! He was a happy boy, a great eater, awesome sleeper... oh wait, he is still all those things! Even when I ask him to go take a nap, he just complies and grabs a few toys and snuggles up and falls asleep. I love him so much, and with everything that has happened recently in Connecticut and Sandy Hook, I just want to keep him close and hug him every chance I get. This year it was fun because I asked him what he would like for his birthday dinner and he looked at me, thinking for a minute, and said, "A turkey please." When I brought out the frozen turkey he asked me what it was and looked a little sad as he told me he thought that dad was going to go hunting to bring home his turkey. He still enjoyed his mashed potatoes and turkey even if it was from the freezer. I love this age. It is the most impressionable age. It is that age where they want to be just like you, but yet they are starting to become independent and personal. Eph would sit with you for hours and tell you a story. He has to snuggle when he wakes up from a nap. He likes to follow Ben and Will wherever they go. He'll let Joselyn read to him, and even share with Ruby when he feels like it.

I love you Ephraim. Happy 5th Birthday!

No comments: