Monday, August 22, 2011

Today's Adventure

The kids got to wake up early this morning to go on a sunrise hike with dad. Last night they set out their packs and clothes and went to bed early. Dewey's alarm went off at 5:30 am and I didn't want to get up!! I snuck into the kids rooms and quietly woke them up. I was quiet because Ruby and Ephraim were staying home with me and I wanted to go back to bed after the others left!! The kids were quiet getting dressed and getting some breakfast too. Then they let me take a few pics before heading out in the dark. They went up to Scout Mountain where they took a nice trail. They hiked a mile up the mountain, and Ben told me later it was a good thing I didn't come with Ruby in the stroller because there were some precarious spots. They sat at the top and watched the sunrise and then hiked back down. Dewey talked to them about what they should do if they got lost, like stay where you are and hug a tree, and hike DOWN the mountain, not up. Ben got to take the slingshot Lillie gave him for his birthday. As they were hiking Dewey saw some deer beds and told the kids if they were quiet they would probably see a few deer. Not thirty yards more and they spooked a few does and a buck and watched them bound up the mountain. Now on to the next adventure of the day... fix the washing machine!












No comments: