We are so excited for this season. I love taking the kids shopping for each other. If we had an endless budget it would be interesting what the kids would buy for whom. As it is we made gifts for the kids' teachers instead. Ben was going to write his teacher a story to give her but as he was doing it he decided to create a little Christmas tree for her instead. All by himself, he cut the tree and glued on ornaments and a tree stand. When he took it to school to give it to her she LOVED it. He is a pretty special kid!! We also get to have the missionaries over for dinner on Christmas Eve and the kids are helping me make the Elders some special gifts. I can only hope to make them feel as if they were home...
I have so much fun with my family. My parents came up on Saturday to celebrate with us early because they are going to MO for the Ames' Nutcracker performances. Anyway, they brought with them a game called Qwirkle. It is a mix between dominos and scrabble with shapes and colors. I love it!! And the kids want to pay it over and over. We can also use all the pieces for sorting and counting games. We went out to eat with Grannie and Pop and it was cute because Ben really wanted to go to the Golden Corral. He gets it in his mind about something and will NOT let it go. It turned out to be great fun anyway!
Here are some pictures of the kids hike with Dewey. I stayed in the car with Ruby. They hiked almost all the way to the top of this hill. They were in search of a geocache that ended up being on the other side of the barbed wire fence. Not a good combination for a almost three year old, five year old twins, an eight year old and Dewey (I won't mention his age because my birthday is coming up and I don't want retaliation!!!)

You can see them all the way up the mountain... look closer!!



No comments:
Post a Comment